Health Citizens is a website for people living with a medical diagnosis, possibly sometimes even life threatening. At this time you can feel very vulnerable and worried. Our aim is to help people support each other in a constructive and compassionate way. Please see these points
simply as guidance for engaging with others who might be in a similar situation to you. Enjoy.
- I agree to give constructive support and advice.
- I can expect good and useful information.
- I will be heard and not judged.
- I will be polite and respectful of others.
- I will intervene if I feel someone is giving bad advice.
- I will report any inappropriate comments or behaviour.
- I aim to be as useful and supportive as possible to others.
- I appreciate newly diagnosed people might be vulnerable and I will remain sensitive to their circumstances.
- I will not make any changes to my medication before I discuss any suggestions with my doctor.
- I accept if someone complains I might be stopped from using Health Citizens.
- I should not be pressured to buy anything as this is not a commercial site.
- Be safe on line – your post might appear in a search so be careful with your personal
information; think about your safety when giving this information to any one.
**Help us to keep improving the site. Give us feedback to help make the site more suitable for you and those people who need support and advice.